Pregnancy and Family Planing
وَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ص تَنَاكَحُوا تَكْثُرُوا فَإِنِّی أُبَاهِی بِكُمُ الْأُمَمَ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ حَتَّى بِالسِّقْطِ
Prophet Muḥammad (ṣ): “Marry and have children for indeed on the Day of Judgement I will take pride in all human beings, even those that were miscarried.” Biḥār al-Anwār Vol.44 Pg. 170
Volunteer for Kisa Family as a research associate!
We have the wealth of our ancestors’ knowledge and for us to make a better future we need to build off of their history. One gem passed down from generations is Panjeeri, a traditional food in most Indian and Pakistani households that is given to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Download the recipe here
Upcoming Research Project
Frequently Asked Questions
Kisa Family is conducting research in collaboration with scholars to answer frequently asked questions in our community. These questions come from you! So, send in any questions on which you need clarity!
- What are the best types of birth control
- What are some good amaal for conception?
- How do I choose or balance between my career and starting a family?
- How can I prepare myself spiritually and physically to have a baby?
- What duas to recite during pregnancy?
- What are recommended activities during pregnancy?
- Are there any effects on my child from what I think or do?
- What is the significance of a lunar or solar eclipse on pregnancy
Labor and Delivery
- How to write a birth plan and what to include
- What are some prayers and amaal for a safe and easy delivery
- Who should be in the room with me?