An Islamic framework for parenting children in the 8 – 15 years
مَثَلُ الَّذِي يَتَعَلَّمُ الْعِلْمَ فِي صِغَرِهِ كَالنَّقْشِ عَلَى الْحَجَرِ وَ مَثَلُ الَّذِي يَتَعَلَّمُ الْعِلْمَ فِيكِبَرِهِ كَالَّذِي يَكْتُبُعَلَى الْمَاءِ
“The example of the one who learns in his childhood is like the example of the carving into a stone. And the example of the one who learns in his old age, is like the example of the one who writes on water.” – Prophet Muḥammad (ṣ)
Volunteer for Kisa Family as a research associate!
Upcoming Research Project
Frequently Asked Questions
Kisa Family is conducting research in collaboration with scholars to answer frequently asked questions in our community. These questions come from you! So, send in any questions on which you need clarity!
- How to explain gender and gender identity
- How to help your pre-teen/teenager deal with peer pressure
- How to encourage your child to keep good friends
- How to vet what your child consumes on tv/internet
- Should I give my pre-teen/teenager a cell phone
- Explaining puberty to your pre-teen/teenager
- How to create a hijab starter kit