The Free Years |Parenting 0-7
An Islamic framework for parenting children in the free years of zero-seven
دَعِ ابْنَكَ يَلْعَبُ سَبْعَ سِنِينَ
Imam Ja’far aṣ-Ṣadiq (‘a) said: “Leave your child to play for the first seven years of their life (without putting burdens and responsibilities on them.” – Wasāʾil ash-Shīʿah, Ch.83 Hadith #4
Volunteer for Kisa Family as a research associate!
Upcoming Research Project
Frequently Asked Questions
Kisa Family is conducting research in collaboration with scholars to answer frequently asked questions in our community. These questions come from you! So, send in any questions on which you need clarity!
- How to be fair between multiple children?
- Should I sleep train my baby? and if so how?
- How do I foster trust and autonomy in my baby
- How do I balance the needs of my child with the needs of my marriage
- What is nazar and what are the effects it can have on my baby?
- Should I let my 2 year old have screen time?